Roofing and Cladding System
Balarka HI-RIB roof and wall cladding system is available in the following base material in standard execution. Galvalume high tensile cold rolled steel 345/550 as per AS-1397 standard (AZ 150 gsm/m²) Zinc-Aluminum alloy coating mass, total of both sides, 550/345 Mpa yield strength conforming to AS-1397. Roof Sheeting is 0.47 mm thick Hi Rib Bare Galvalume Wall Cladding is 0.50mm thick Hi Rib Colored coated Galvalume
- Labour license
- CAR Policy & Workmen Compensation policy byPranjal’s
- PF and ESI formalities by Pranjal’s Certified Builder
- Approach roads to yard and buildings from the road
- 7,000 - 10,000sqm. Open space for storage of materials, with compacted level floor inside and around the building for safe movement of Cranes & Hydras.
- 100 sqm of area for site office and workers’ rest rooms.
The purpose of this method statement is to describe and communicate the procedures, the safety measures and quality requirements for the above-mentioned work. The supervisor must read this method statement to the site personnel who will be undertaking this work.
To ensure complete understanding, the contents of this method statement shall be translated to the languages known to the workmen, while being read out to them.
Erection to the structural building must start from braced bay.
To the main column attach flange brace angle, bracket and clips. Erect the main column in the wind-braced bay. Immediately tighten the anchor bolts and after fixing the main columns with nut and lock nut. Plumb the column, after plumbing, if there is any gap between the bottom of the base plate and top of the R.C.C. Column, place the M.S. shim plates. After checking the plumb retighten the nut and temporary bracing (Guy rope should be M.S. wire rope of minimum dia 16 mm) is placed.
The crane should be released only after placing the temporary Bracing (Guy ropes) and full tighten of bolt.
Same procedure in step-1 has to be followed for erecting the second adjacent column. Fix immediately the eave strut between the two columns. Install the grits and flange braces.
Connect both of the bracing with hill side washer and nuts. Once placed, the braced rod should be tightened fully.
The hill side washer assembly along with the wall bracing is shown in full details in the figure -2
Note: Same procedure has to be followed in opposite grid for erecting column and bracing.
Bolts in place as many clips and flange braces as possible before rising rafter to reduce erection time, as it easier to assemble these pieces on ground than it is to do in the air.
Install and tighten all frame connection bolts, as each grid frame assembled.
The hill side washer assembly along with the wall bracing is shown in full details in the figure -2
Check the primary frame drawing for flange brace location, attach the flange brace to the roof rafter assembly while on the ground to one side, and attach flange brace to opposite side when rafter assembly is raised into the vertical position.
Raise the rafter place it with the help of cranes with proper guy ropes. At end of the rafter hold with temporary bracing from ground. It will help to connect the rafter with column connection at both ends. Refer.
Hold rafter in place until it is securely bolted to the column, temporary bracing is installed to hold assembled ridge frame in place. The temporary bracing should be guy ropes (16mm dia M.S. steel minimum). The temporary bracing should be tensioned with R.C.C. column with 1-m turn-buckle.
The temporary bracing should be tightened with same tension on opposite sides.
Warning: At all the haunches (connection plate of rafter) temporarybracing must be installed.
Before erecting the second rafter third main column to be erected as per the procedure followed in step-1. After erecting third main column sequence rise the second rafter. Hold the rafter with crane in place until the section is bolted to columns.
ll purlins, flange braces and sag rod should be bolted in place.
Install roof brace rods with help of hill side washer and nuts. The brace rod should be tightened fully. Proceed to plumb and square (aligned) the braced bay place the temporary bracing at haunches.
No further erection is to proceed until the above mentioned 3rd & 4th steps are completed crane has to be released only after the completion of step 3 & 4.
After completion of alignment of brace bay, the gap between top of R.C.C. column and bottom of base plate should be grouted by a civil contractor using CONVEXTRA immediately (GP-2 non shrinkage grouting material). Note: The gap between the top of the R.C.C. column and bottom of base plate should not be more than25mm.
To proceed with the erection of remaining frames in each braced bay shown in fig.-7 wherever the braced bay comes the erection of temporary bracing shall follow the procedures as in steps 3 and 4. After completion of sheeting only, temporary bracing can be removed.
The steps to be followed for placing the temporary bracing on ground system arrangement.
In long building where temporary bracing are required for quite long time temporary anchors of ISMB-150 or ISMB-200 are used.
The minimum length of ISMB used should be 3 mts.
ISMB should be inserted in ground to a depth of 2 to 2.5 mts. by hammering.
The direction of insertion of ISMB is as shown in fig. below.
In the opposite side of rafter the ground rope is connected to the column in the building (as shown in figure - 8) in such a way that there is no obstruction in further erection.
- Cordoned off work area at ground level
- Display safety notices
- Inspection of cranes & other lifting gear certificates.
- Installation of suitable scaffolding wherever required
- Providing shim plates on the column foundations ( max. 50mm – refer drawing) to level the column. Check the reference level / FFL of building
- Checking of Anchor Bolts with reference to the Construction drawings prior to start of Erection
- Erection of columns in Braced Bay location: planning erection work from grid 1.
- Step - 1 Shifting of Column Pieces for Axis A and F from storage yard.
- Step - 2 Assembly & erection of Column no 1 and 2 along with their rafter piece over the column.
- Step - 3 Leveling of columns and tightening of anchor bolts over the above locations
- Step - 4 shifting and ground assembly of rafters for grid line 1 & 2, torque test for ground assembly need to be done for ground assembly. Rafter erection will be done using two 15T Hydra, completing one frame.
- Step - 5 Tightening of bolts of rafter connection and staying the frame using temporary stay wires of 8mm diameter at the pitch of 15mtr.
- Step - 6 : Erection of column at location 1A and 2A connect the same with either column using strut Purlin of correct part mark. Repeat the process for the column erection at location 1F and 2F.
- Step - 7 : Assembly & Erection of rafter for grid line 1. Hold the columns and rafter by erecting purlins and strut tubes. Complete all the secondary structure erection like sag rods, flange brace and strut tubes etc.
- Step - 8 : Repeat the above process for grid 2, 3 and 10.
- Step - 9 : After completing the main frame erection of bracings will be done. Tight all the members using spanners and torque.
- Step - 10 : Align the building up to first bracing bay from grid 1 to 2 & 8 to 9.
- Step - 11 : For further erection follow the steps from 1st to 10th.
- Step - 12 : Check the alignment, leveling and tightening of structure from grid 1 to 10.
- Step - 13 : fix the rake angles in the side wall and end wall eave struts from grid 1 to 10 with valley gutter in both the side walls.
- Step - 14 : Shift the sheets from storage yard to erection place as per approved drawings and start the roof and wall sheeting as per approved erection drawings.
- Step - 15 : Start the roof sheeting and wall sheeting work from grid line 1 to 10 as per approved erection drawings and part marks given in the drawings.
- Step - 16 : Shift the DSP material from material stock yard to erection place.
- Step - 17 : Fix the DSPs as per approved drawings and part mark given in the drawings using suitable crane and rope pulley.
- Step - 18 : Nuts & Bolts use the DSP with valley gutter and fix the supports in wall as per drawings.
- Liner sheet to be fixed on purlin same as per procedure of fixing of Hi-rib sheets in roof.
- Fixing of liner sheet on purlin with respect to rib/valley to be followed as per drawing.
- For location of screws refer installation drawing of particular project.
- Insulation to be layed on liner sheet.
- Sub-Girt to be fixed through screws on purlin line.
- Top- Sheet (Hi-Rib, Klippon, SS-2000, and SL-1750) to be fixed on sub-girt as per the fitment procedure of respective profile.
- At the time of installing place the first sheet place the female end of sheet towards starting end and male end towards installation side.
- Start screwing the sheets in first valley from starting end, one screw in each valley to be provided.
- Place the female end of second sheet over preceding sheet and start screwing as mentioned in step 8.
- In side lap, provide stitching screw at the rib between two girts.
- Maintain minimum end lap of 125mm in case of Roofing / Cladding.
- Continue placing & screwing the sheets to complete the cladding.
- Refer Balarka Erection Manual for Standard detail procedures of Erection.
- Structure can be released for grouting every zone wise once it is fully torque tight, aligned and leveled. This shall be done prior to roof sheeting work starts.
Required tools and equipment for the above job will be mobilized to site in advance.
A. All the fabricated material arrived to site on trailer will be off loaded at a suitable place near the erection site in allocated material storage yard.
B. Suitable wooden packing shall be provided between steel members to minimize damage to paint and steel members.
The suitable and adequate erection tools equipments and plant will be used at site, which are efficient, dependable and in good working condition.
- 15MT Hydra ~ 02 Nos.
- 20MT – 40MT Cranes ~ 01Nos. (As required)
- Tools & Tackles - As required
Detailed list of Required manpower for the project can be given prior to Start of Job
- Workers’ Medical fitness
- Attitude and awareness about First aid, emergency and rescue.
- Introduction to job responsibilities.
- Hazard operations and precautions
- Fire fighting
- First Aid
- Wherever scaffolding is used the access to scaffolding is by ladder. All scaffolding will be erected in accordance with site scaffolding procedures and inspected by the Project Engineer periodically and erection foreman daily. No unauthorized changes shall be made in the scaffolding.
- Safety shoes, helmets, will always be worn at site
- Full safety harnesses will be hooked up to the structure/line rope while working at height
- Pranjal’s would ensure that first aid box facility is available at work spot always.
- All hand tools will be tied up to the line rope while using at height.
- Safety notices will be displayed while working at height. The working area on the ground will be fenced off by barrier tapes, wherever required
- All workmen and supervisors will attend safety induction course and toolbox talks, prior to start of work. The toolbox talk will include detailed reading of this method statement.
- Supervisor should always stay at site where ever people are working at height
- Risk assessment to be done for scaffolding erection, shifting and erection of steel etc
|Reading explanation and translation of method statement||Project Engineer / Foreman – Pranjal Builder|
|Resources||Site in charge – Pranjal Certified Builder|
|Overall safety and supervision of work||Site Engineer/ Manager –Pranjal Certified Builder.|
|Steel Work Supervision||Pranjal erection engineers ~Pranjal certified Builder teams in position|
|Cladding work supervision & safety||Cladding Foreman –Pranjal Certified Builder supervised by Balarka erection|
|Erection planning and Overall supervision||Project Engineer – Pranjal / Pranjal Certified Builder|
|Final Inspection and approvals of work||Engineer – Pranjal- Client - Consultant|